Earlier, Norvergence has reported that many governments and organizations are working very hard to curb environmental pollution. Recently, a paper was published in Nature Sustainability according to which; we can reduce the level of carbon dioxide to one-sixth by turning it into methane.
Yes, you heard it right! When the team at Norvergence analyzed the paper. Following details are found:
- Methane is 84 times more powerful than carbon dioxide when it comes to heating the earth (in its first 20 years of molecular life).
- The idea is to convert methane into something less damaging i:e carbon dioxide.
- If the experiment turns out successful than scientists can be able to convert 3.3 billion tons of methane into 8.2 billion tons of carbon dioxide.
- Norvergence found that this would reduce global warming by 15 percent.
- Researchers are working on a catalyst named “zeolites” as it can convert methane into carbon dioxide.
Time will tell us how feasible is this idea but until then, Norvergence appeals to every individual to reduce the consumption of greenhouse gases.
Visit https://twitter.com/norvergence?lang=en to follow us on Twitter.
Raise your voice not the level of air pollution. On the eve of World Environment Day, The team at Norvergence takes a pledge to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide.